On behalf of the Linus Pauling Institute and the conference organizing committee, we invite you to attend the eighth biennial conference on "Diet and Optimum Health" to be held September 9-12, 2015, on the Oregon State University campus in Corvallis, Oregon, USA.
Diet and Optimum Health 2015 will emphasize dietary and lifestyle approaches to improving human health and preventing or treating disease, including dietary supplements, micronutrients, and antioxidants. The target audience includes scientists and health professionals in biochemistry, nutrition, preventive medicine, public health, endocrinology, cardiology, oncology, and gerontology. We anticipate a strong scientific look at the cutting edge of nutrition research.
The program features these individual sessions:
- Vitamin E: A Critical Nutrient for Development and Health
- Extending Healthspan: Basic Concepts, Underlying Mechanisms, and Role of Diet and Lifestyle (one-day symposium)
- Modulating Factors for Healthspan
- Sarcopenia, Frailty, and Exercise
- Brain and Cognitive Functions in Healthspan
- Inflammation, Redox Biology, and Healthy Aging
- Cancer Chemoprevention (symposium dedicated to George Bailey)
- Public Session: LPI's Rx for Health: The Role of Diet, Micronutrients, and Dietary Supplements in Human Health and Disease
The conference is co-sponsored by the Oxygen Club of California. If you would like to know how you can support the conference, please contact the Linus Pauling Institute at 541-737-5075 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online registration is now available.
- Regular: $550
- Student: $300
- One-day registration: $250
The conference features a poster session, allowing scientists to share their latest research findings. Abstracts for posters can be submitted online before July 17, 2015. The three most outstanding posters presented by graduate students or post-doctoral fellows will receive Young Investigator Awards.
The Hilton Garden Inn, 2500 SW Western Blvd, Corvallis, OR 97333, is the official hotel for the conference. Reservations may be made directly with the hotel.