Laboratory Manager: Bob Durst, M.S.
Our mission is to provide analytical chemistry support to researchers and industry for the evaluation of food, feed, or dietary supplements for compositional and nutritional factors. Testing is for research purposes only and not for diagnostic or nutrition labeling use. Signing of the Testing Services Agreement (pdf) is needed before samples can be accepted or analyzed. Analyses are provided on a fee-for-service basis (select External Fees, Unit: Centers & Institutes - Research, and Department: Linus Pauling Institute).
Analyses available include:
- Vitamins A, C, E, and folate
- Phytochemicals, including phenolics, procyanidins, anthocyanins, and carotenoids
- Total Antioxidant Capacity by FRAP or ORAC
- Sugars and sugar alcohols
- Non-volatile organic acids
- Amino acid composition
- Brix, pH, titratable acidity, moisture, formal value
Please contact Bob Durst (541-737-6490 or Bob.Durst@oregonstate.edu) for further information.